FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AA/JL: HKG-NRT-JFK, $550ai, 17173 miles, 3.2cpm
Old May 17, 2017, 11:13 am
SpammersAreScum

Programs: BA Silver; Hilton Gold; IHG Diamond Ambassador; Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by rbAA
Well, aa.com doesn't want to offer anything but an AA codeshare on JL or CX, other than the HKG-NRT segments. So, other than more EQD's and a possible NRT to JFK nonstop, no substantial benefit to using the JL flights. Using JL, the RDM's are probably 30% of BIS (5800 plus elite bonus vs 4884 for AA metal/codeshare,) but not more than 50% per the chart as this is probably the lowest fare category. But, EQM's are only 50% of BIS-9722 vs 19444. What you gain in EQD or RDM benefit is lost in lower EQM's and no UPG's.

I can more easily and comfortably generate EQD's by flying premium cabin OW partners, QR and MH primarily, or the occsional CX or BA PE deals. I don't want to have to fly an extra trans-pacific RT to make up for the lost EQM's. And, I don't want to fly in coach.
I don't think you've told us exactly where you're trying to fly. It's hard to follow your math without that. And if it's a BKK to JFK, QR thru Doha would be an option, no?