FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Malaysia Airlines + KLM + Overland Trip to Thai Border
Old May 17, 2017, 3:01 am
anak_negeri

Programs: GarudaMiles, KrisFlyer, FlyingBlue
PART 7: Kuala Lumpur - Jakarta by KLM, Boeing 777-300ER

KLM (Royal Dutch Airlines)
Kuala Lumpur (KUL) - Jakarta Soekarno Hatta (CGK)
February 16th, 2017
Flight no: KL 809
Reg code: PH-BVF (Yakushima)
Type: Boeing 777-300ER
Dep: 5.15 p.m. (UTC+8)
Arr: 5.45 p.m. (UTC+7)

From the airport's bus station, I proceed directly to the check in counter. The counter's staff offered me a seat on the window side, and I accepted that offer. After 3 times on board with KLM, this would be my first time which I would seat on the window side.

The check in was done, and it was time for immigration check. But before that, there was a simple security check. The police personnel checked my boarding pass and passport. Then I proceed to the immigration counter.

After immigration check, we were welcomed by these unique miniatures. A miniature of my country's flag-carrier, Garuda Indonesia, also existed.

As it was in the main terminal, while our boarding gate was in the satellite terminal, we had to took the people mover. Cabin crews of KLM were also with us inside.

While inside the people mover, a 787 of British Airways could be seen.

Arriving in the satellite terminal. Full of Chinese New Year decorations.

On the way to the boarding gate.

There was an A330 of Cathay Pacific with new livery seen outside. From April 2017, Cathay Pacific will stops its operation to KL, to be replaced by its subsidiary, Cathay Dragon.

A 777-300ER of Saudia ready for departure, bringing "umrah" pilgrims to Saudi Arabia.

Quite long queue to enter the gate C3, with usual security checks.

Waiting hall of gate C3.

Our aircraft ready for departure to Jakarta. The registration code was PH-BVF, titled "Yakushima". It was 6 years old, operating since 2011.

At around 4.30 p.m. the boarding process started. Senior citizens, passengers with infants, and Sky Priority members were given priority to enter.

*Unfortunately at that time I forgot to take pictures of the business class cabin. But you can see them in my previous reports with KLM here and here. It was similar with them.

I proceed directly to my seat, number 55A. At my left side was a window. The seat at my right side was vacant. At its right side was an Indonesian man, same with me. Majority of passengers were Indonesian, Malaysian, and some Dutch. There was a group of Malaysian school pupils on board, I think they would participate in a competition in Jakarta. I didn't see any people holding passport of American countries, unlike my previous trip when I saw a lady holding Peruvian passport.

While passengers were still embarking, the IFE system had been turned on and could be used.

All passengers had embarked, and the IFE started to show safety instructions video. The video was made with tile animations.

The outside's scenery was also interesting. The Saudia was still on the apron.

A 777 of Cathay Pacific with old livery.

Malindo Air planes.

Mahan Air, an Iranian carrier.

A 787 of British Airways.

At 5.15 p.m. (UTC+8) the aircraft started to take off. Outside the window, we could see oil palms plantation area surrounding the airport.

The take off process was smooth and safe. About 5 after that, the seat-belt signs were turned off. I decided to go to the toilet. Clean and well-maintained.

The cabin situation from rear side.

Then I checked any stuff inside the seat pocket.
The earphone with so-so quality.

Safety card.

Disposal bag, with KLM destination cities written on it.

"Holland Herald" magazine.

Inflight shopping catalogue.

Then I explored the IFE. The movie collections were up to date, but as I was not interested in movies, I skipped them. There were also lot varieties of musics.

I chose to listen a J-Pop album performed by TM Revolution. His songs are popular as soundtrack of anime series, especially "Heart of Sword", opening song of Rurouni Kenshin or Samurai X.

The flight info.

Then cabin crews started to serve us with snacks and drinks. As usual, for the KUL-CGK sector, KLM served only a potato curry pie. I also requested a cup of orange juice for my drink.

During this journey, the weather seems so good. There were no announcements to stay in our seat due to bad weather condition. Here I also bought a miniature of KLM's 747. It priced EUR 15. Not too expensive.

Around 5 minutes before landing. The Java Sea and seashore of Jakarta could be seen.

The weather was clear and nice. We were passing the industrial area of Tangerang city, surrounding the area of Soekarno-Hatta Airport.

Finally the PH-BVF jet landed smoothly and safely in Soekarno-Hatta Airport at around 5.45 p.m. local time (UTC+7).

A 787 of Qatar Airways could be seen.

There was also a 777 of Garuda Indonesia, just landed from London.

The Japanese duo: JAL and ANA.

A 737-900ER of Lion Air.

AirAsia.

A320 of Batik Air.

The KLM finally stopped on the apron. It was parked together with Emirates. Unfortunately, the condition was not ideal to take the final snapshots of the KLM.

As usual, we proceed to the immigration counter. From there, we went directly to the baggage claim zone.

Then I left the terminal building to the bus shelter, where I would hop an express bus to my lovely home.

OK, that's the story of my journey in Malaysia. Any feedbacks and suggestions are appreciated. If it is necessary, I will post the total costs and resumes later.

Thanks for reading!

Bonus: the miniature of KLM 747 which I bought on board.

Last edited by anak_negeri; May 17, 2017 at 8:53 pm