Old May 16, 17, 10:59 am
3Cforme
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by Horace View Post
I have to admit that I was excited about The Laylow, Autograph Collection, before it opened.

With a central location on Waikiki, a $60 million renovation, and a mid-century style, it seems like a place my wife and I would enjoy staying.

Best of all, it would be a hotel, not a resort. So, because I'm a Platinum Elite member, my wife and I would either have a access to an executive lounge with a self-service breakfast and an evening buffet of some sort; or we would get a restaurant breakfast in the hotel restaurant. After all, Autograph Collection is one of five legacy Marriott brands with the lounge/breakfast benefit for elite Rewards members.

Now I'm reading the hotel currently provides a minimal breakfast to Elite level guests, seemingly only slightly better than what guests get at a $50 per night TraveLodge.

No thank you.
If you want to overlook location, potential rate advantages, the $60 million renovation, and the mid-century aesthetic over what you expect for a free breakfast - go ahead. It is your right. A thoughtful note to the GM might do you (and others) more good. I'm not going to board your crazy train on this one.