Old May 16, 17, 8:53 am
edgewood49

Programs: AS Million Mile Flyer, Marriott LTPP
Originally Posted by Horace View Post
I have to admit that I was excited about The Laylow, Autograph Collection, before it opened.

With a central location on Waikiki, a $60 million renovation, and a mid-century style, it seems like a place my wife and I would enjoy staying.

Best of all, it would be a hotel, not a resort. So, because I'm a Platinum Elite member, my wife and I would either have a access to an executive lounge with a self-service breakfast and an evening buffet of some sort; or we would get a restaurant breakfast in the hotel restaurant. After all, Autograph Collection is one of five legacy Marriott brands with the lounge/breakfast benefit for elite Rewards members.

Now I'm reading the hotel currently provides a minimal breakfast to Elite level guests, seemingly only slightly better than what guests get at a $50 per night TraveLodge.

No thank you.
I share your comments as a long time traveler to the islands (35 years ) I was looking for a place that we could sit by the pool relax and not have all the crowds.

This property is emblematic of what your seeing all over the country. Equity capitol at it's best. I am staying at the Hyatt at LAX the old Concourse Hotel cheap redo lots of flash no substance. The cheaper materials and labor is already showing.

Agree with you No to the Laylow. As the old saying goes " you only get what you pay for" looks like SPG for me