FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Family says JetBlue booted them from flight over a birthday cake
Old May 16, 2017, 6:58 am
moreofless

Originally Posted by rickg523
What's the rule around here?
In any case where a passenger and carrier dispute the facts of an incident, the airline is always truthful and the passenger is always lying?
Because these two versions cannot both be true.
Except for the "Have you been drinking?" remark.
Which the passenger admitted before Jet Blue ever commented. And he included why he made that comment. Which to me is a throwaway. Some here consider it actionable. I find that laughable.
To me considering the cop's statements, I'm not buying anything more than yet another FA deciding to overreact to a perceived slight.
In the end, all these incidents and the reporting of them are simply the inevitable result of industry consolidation and segmentation to the point of near monopoly. John D Rockefeller became American media's ultimate robber baron by the same dynamic.
With all the airline mergers, airline has gotten so big and eliminated so much competition, they have lost the concept of customer service. The attitude seems to be that the customer should feel privileged to be allowed to fly. At the same time all the fees and restrictions have created a confrontational relationship between the airlines and their customers.

The solution is to have the government undo its past mistakes allowing the huge airline mergers and break up the airlines and thereby restoring competition.

In this incident, the police did not find fault with the passengers so I have little faith in the statements by JetBlue.