FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The Q Suite Master Thread
View Single Post
Old May 15, 2017, 4:30 pm
alexwuk

Programs: "Only" 50,000 TPs until BA GGLfL
Originally Posted by remdk
alexwuk welcome to the QR forum.

Until sufficient aircraft are fitted with Qsuites there is no way of knowing if a particular flight will have Qsuites or even what aircraft types will fly it.
A clearer picture should have emerged by the start of the winter timetable at the end of October and even then lack of Qsuite aircraft would usually mean that a route is not flown by that type of Qsuite aircraft every day.

You are gambling with unknown factors and whilst it may pay off the most likely scenario this far in advance is disappointment.
Over the last eighteen months there have been several hundred postings to the effect that "Never book flights based on aircraft type. You may be disappointed" That now holds true for Qsuites.
Thanks for the welcome. I was toying with either the A380 flight (I've never flown QR's one!) for the bar or the 77W for the Qsuite. As I'm in flex J I'll take the punt on QR7 and switch to QR9 on the day if needed. QR's product is fabulous but they are having the same issues EK did 5 years ago of the fleet being maddeningly inconsistent during a period of both product and aircraft enhancement