FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - US Trusted Travelers Can Now Use Arrivals SmartGate in Australia
Old May 15, 2017, 2:30 pm
Gig103

Programs: Avis President's Club, Global Entry, Hilton/Marriott Gold. No more DL/AA status.
Originally Posted by TravelinSperry
Smartgate... wow! Quite impressed. Took me all of 2 minutes to clear immigration using it. And then breezed right through customs with barely a nod. I'd even say it is 1-2 minutes faster than Global Entry which still requires me to hand the GE slip to an immigration officer (where SmartGate does not). I wish more countries would do this. I love it!
I used SmartGate last month and I agree it was fantastic. A bit of advice for those entering SYD Terminal 1 ... the first set of kiosks were crowded, and I stood in the queue, but there is another set of kiosks closer to the gates.

My wife didn't believe me that we were doing the right thing. She was pointing to all the people passing us (we were off the plane quickly in J), but we ended up, thanks to SmartGate, beating our bags to the belts.

Originally Posted by sabbasolo
And now Singapore citizens get to use GE, Australian's still don't. Bloody hell.

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/...vellin-7951626..
Bummer!