FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - UA interline bags
View Single Post
Old May 15, 2017, 1:19 pm
sbiddle

Programs: Air NZ Elite *G, Honors Gold, IHG Platinum Elite
Originally Posted by NZbutterfly
I think I saw a post of yours quoting domestic flights US $600. Have you thought about driving to LAX?? It's not really that far 4.5hr. I know flying is nicer but..... if the numbers work and you can't move your dates might be worth looking into.
Yeah driving or bus/shuttle is a definate option. There is no way in the world I'd pay that price for the flight!

My real issue has just been that the Air NZ website lists VX flights as options on a single ticket but these simply can't be booked. They try to book in I or U for a higher fare and while both of these classes show as available looking at EF they result in errors booking online and the call centre can't get fares to validate either. There is already no availability on UA or Delta in the booking classes they require despite both having plenty of seats available because everybody just seems to be hiking fares because they quite clearly can for such a big event.

I do realise it's a loooong way off for US carriers and it's not even possible to book Southwest flights for January yet but I wanted to get in early as there is still R and A availability for the NZ flights I want,.