FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - United - Positive Experiences 2017
View Single Post
Old May 14, 2017, 10:39 pm
FlyingDoctorwu

Thumbs up to United

Today at EWR was apparently a really slogfrest.. my parents had the crummy routing of BWI-EWR-JFK-TPE on an award ticket. I should have been a better son and changed the routing but nothing super great came up (options out of PHL/BWI). They had a built in 5 hr layover and I was keeping an eye on things, but it looked like they would still deck out a 3.5 hr delay. MY backup plan was to send them in a car from BWI to JFK....

They boarded the plane at 835 PM with an estimated arrival at 945 (enough time)... and sat and sat on the tarmac.. at one point the captain apparently talked about offloading the plane and canceling.. finally about 1030 they get the okay to push back and route into EWR at 1130... with their connectiing flight due to leave at 130 AM. United met them at the gate with a golf cart and drives them to the end.. they meet the driver I had waiting for them curbside on level 3 terminal C and are curbside at JFK at 0020 and in the lounge by 0037 (including checking bags)... 50 minutes from gate at EWR to JFK. Truly amazing and I'm so thankful that United came through for them.... They hold absolutely no status; this leg they wear traveling in Y (it was a C ticket but no C space was available)...

FDW