FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 500 MR Points for Checking Out at the Front Desk
Old May 13, 2017, 11:20 am
CJKatl

Programs: DL:MM, Marriott:LTT
Originally Posted by Saidoh
Agreed; I'm not familiar with the area, but both reports so far appear to be for the same property, unless Fort Lauderdale North is north of the city and FLL North is a location north of the airport. The question still remains though as to whether this incentive is isolated to one particular area (or property).
Everyone calls it the North Ft Lauderdale property, but the official name is Ft Lauderdale North, so it's likely the same property. Plus, the only other Marriott family property north of Ft Lauderdale is a funky CY. I love that property, but it's something people love or hate. It's quite retro, with a motel like entrance next to a tower, a ground floor swimming pool in a parking lot on busy corner and rooms that are more seventies Holiday Inn than modern CY.

Originally Posted by joshua362
I spent 1 night here 10+ years ago and was very impressed, definitely one of the better run Marriott's out there.
I have had a difficult history with this property, but it seems to have improved significantly. There has been a recent renovation and staff/maintenance issues seemed to have worked themselves out. The property was very close to where an elderly relative lived, so I would stay there out of convenience. The relative has since moved on, so it's no longer usually geographically convenient, but my few stays over the past couple years have been excellent.