FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Citi AA Plat/Gold/Bus cards. August 2016: 1 personal & 1 business bonus/24 months.
Old May 12, 2017, 11:51 am
IkeEsq

Originally Posted by silver02accord
Wife applied for 2 cards(one citi AA plat new 60k offer and barlacy aa aviator) at the same time yesterday. Neither was an instant approval.

Got an e-mail this morning stating Barclays was approved.

Yesterday Citi said application is pending review and "we need further information from you" with an application id reference number. She has not opened any citi cards recently and only 1 or 2 cards in past 6 months.

Should we call in(is it likely they need to verify id information or relocate credit lines) or conversely let this run through the system?

She has a long relationship with citi and currently has a citi aa plat open which she opened ~6 years ago as well as a ~18 month old citi prestige.
I don't call unless they email me to call in with a 6-digit code. If your wife doesn't like calling, I wouldn't have her do so unless necessary. It won't hurt to call in though, so if you want the card sooner, have her call. Up to you, there is not a 'right' answer here.