FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - LAX Loft Closed on May 10
View Single Post
Old May 11, 2017, 6:16 pm
jimmygottfredson

Programs: AA EXP, MVPG, DL Silver, United Silver, Accor Platinum, Marriott Ambassador
I had a flight into LAX last night, and took some time to make a final visit to The Loft. The furniture in the place looked randomly scattered, as I think the staff got rid of the really old stuff and used "make due" pieces here and there until they closed for good. There was a pretty good crowd in the place up until end, and the bar tenders were serving drinks on the house by the time I got there (which was like 10pm). Views still looked good, and the overall design, minus the furniture, was the same. At 11:15 the staff went into full on moving mode, as they were also part of the crew to remove all the furnishings. Delta had a liquor license posted on the entrance, for the future Sky Club.

Later in the evening, the rest of terminal 3 was prepping for the big move as there were construction workers and equipment everywhere. Now that The Loft is no more, I wonder how on earth Delta will be able to use that lounge and not be jammed to the gills. The final plan must include a much larger space.

Last edited by jimmygottfredson; May 11, 2017 at 6:18 pm Reason: Clean up