FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Marriott Travel Packages
View Single Post
Old May 11, 2017, 5:11 pm
alc

Originally Posted by synergistic
This isn't exactly the right place for it, I don't think, but I can't find an appropriate thread and figure y'all have tried it all...

I've already redeemed one TP this year, with a friend 'transferring' 90k points for my redemption. I'd like to do another, but I'm way short. I do not understand the new/current transfer limitations at all.

Am I allowed to have another friend 'transfer' me more points next time? Or am I stuck since I've already gone over 50k for the year? Basically, I'm wondering if there is a limit to the 'may exceed 50k...' rule.

Relatedly, I thought I'd read that the 50k rule actually applied between specific pairs of accounts, not to one account getting multiple 50k transfers from other accounts. Of course, I can't find that anywhere and am wondering if I invented it.

Anyone out there who has experience with pushing the limits of points transfers? Links to pertinent threads equally welcome =)
Yes, you can have another friend transfer to your account. The limit is for out-going account only.