FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The Laylow, Autograph Collection -- Honolulu/Waikiki, Hawaii [Master Thread]
Old May 10, 2017, 11:08 am
edgewood49

Programs: AS Million Miler/Marriott Lifetime Titanium/ IGH Ambassador
Originally Posted by hockeyinsider
From what I could tell it seems like to was more a rebuild than a reflag, as the hotel is drastically different than before. It also looks like, based on a Google search of the hotel management, that the management is new too. In fact, the LinkedIn profile for the general manager indicates that he has previous Ritz-Carlton management experience.

I was last in Hawaii in August/September 2015. I didn't stay at the Marriott because the consensus among forums and review blogs was that the property was tired and the perks/benefits given to platinum status guests wasn't worth it. Plus, if I'm recalling correctly, the Marriott isn't actually on the beach.

the original property catered to Asian budget travelers I agree with go across the street to Starwood/Marriott

I agree. It seems the best choice as a Marriott and SPG platinum is the Moana Surfrider, based on its excellent morning breakfast experience and wonderful lounge.