FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - QUESTIONS about OCI re-issue after turning 20/50 years
Old May 10, 2017, 8:30 am
knit-in

Programs: AA Gold, Alaska MVP; Free Agent Super Duper Diamond Treasure Chest ;)
Originally Posted by oliver2002
They should just allow you to update the current passport details (and maybe mail in a copy of the new document, duly self attested signed and stamped) online so the OCI card and your passport number are in synch for the immigration system. Similar to how you update your data in the US global entry database. Ironically thats exactly what they have in place to update your current address and profession

They have a point with the faces of children changing at age <20. That is one of the reasons most countries don't issue passports valid for more than 5 years for minors.
I understand children's appearance change a lot in the early part of their lives, but if I were not a part of this FT community I would never have known these rules about OCI. The U visa stamp says "Lifelong" under validity next to a two year old child's photo. I would have much preferred it said a date and year, rather than finding myself stuck at an airport on day of travel.

Thanks much for this info, folks, I shall look into this with the consulate here in NY before our summer travel.