FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The Laylow, Autograph Collection -- Honolulu/Waikiki, Hawaii [Master Thread]
Old May 10, 2017, 8:24 am
hockeyinsider
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver
I really want to stay here when in Honolulu in June for five nights, as the rate I normally book is really affordable. The architecture and interior decor look wonderful. Plus, it's not that far of a walk from the beach.

I emailed the hotel as well as the hotel general manager about a week ago, but have not received a response. That's disappointing.

Then I read about they call a "continental" breakfast. What an insult. The local Quality Inn or Best Western has a better offering. What if a guest doesn't drink coffee or orange juice? There's no milk, according to reports. Or what if a guest doesn't eat doughnuts? That's just pathetic. Even hostels in Europe have a better breakfast spread.

Out of curiosity, for those of you who have stayed there, do you get any sun at the pool or is it obstructed by nearby buildings?

As for the subject of resort fees, the Sheraton in Old San Juan actually had a "service" fee that paid for in-room toiletries, bedding, towels and pool towels -- not internet, not breakfast, not parking, but in-room toiletries, bedding, towels and pool towels -- when I stayed there two weeks ago.