FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - QR Interlining (Baggage)
View Single Post
Old May 10, 2017, 4:30 am
cephei

Hi all, just found this thread and I thought the following would be relevant (some maby esaw a similar post in the newbie sect):

All of this is with Qatar Airways.

I'm going to Hanoi in Sept from GVA-DOH-BKK-HANOI. My plan was to book GVA-BKK in business on one ticket and the last leg, also with Qatar, in Economy. This would save me some money, and it's anyway not possible to book multidestinations flights with multiple classes on the Qatar Airways website.
Best thing is, the leg from BKK to HAN is using the SAME plane, coming from Doha, it's essentially doing a pit stop in BKK.

Problem is, this would mean 2 tickets.

Since everything is via Qatar, i thought it would be no problem and we could checkin all bags in GVA all the way to HAN but it seems as this is now a gamble, and a pretty big one.

It's pretty crazy to think they would force me to disembark, go through custom, baggages pickup, checkin again, custom again to embark the SAME plane so I can finish my travel.

I've checked online and called QR in Zurich. Online it's vage, but the QR in Zurich had to look it up and after 5 mins later told me it's not possible since it's 2 different booking.

Now, I'll call again today to triple check, but seems like QR is doing the same policy as BA?

I personally think it's BS. Same airline, same plane, but can't checkin all the way through. A bit crazy to think.

I'll update if I have more news.

Edit #1: I just saw this article http://www.qatarairways.com/global/en/oneworld-seamless-service.page
Now I'm even more confused? I need to call QR again. Being able to checkin thorugh would avoid so many hassle.

Edit #376: Called QR again. This time, they tried to do the booking themselves with the class change all the way to Hanoi but ended telling me their system didn't allow it to work.
I even quoted their own damn website on the phone:

"Through check-in Qatar Airways is pleased to offer passengers the courtesy of through check of themselves and their bags to their final destination when travelling on multi-sector journeys involving connections onto other oneworld member airlines, even when the trip is booked using separate tickets. However, customers should note that through check may not be possible on their return journey if there trip starts with another airline that does not provide the same level of service."

Even with this they couldn't confirm that I would be able to get the checkin through to Hanoi. It's on their website for god's sake.

Last edited by cephei; May 10, 2017 at 5:26 am