FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - ASR Fees for All Economy and Premium Economy Fares on Long Haul
Old May 9, 2017, 6:18 pm
cook100

Originally Posted by athome
cook100,

Firstly welcome to flyertalk.

Secondly a comment to your post. I do not understand your problem. When you book a seat with LH it is clearly stated during the booking process (even in bold) that
"Please note that a confirmed seat reservation does not legally entitle you to a specific seat on board the aircraft (e.g. seat 3A), but rather only to the selected category (e.g. aisle seat, window seat, seat with more legroom). "

Reasons may be:
- On long-haul: Change of aircraft type
- On short-haul: You might be aware that the "curtain" between C-Class and Y-class may be moved
and therefore seat reservation may have to be adapted.

athome,

Thank you for the welcome and I appreciate your feedback.

What has me upset is that since my original booking the reservation has not changed. It's a long-haul international flight, same aircraft, same configuration as when I purchased my tickets many moons ago.

The seats I had selected are not in a location to be impeded by a curtain move. The Representative and Supervisor did not have a legitimate reason for my seat reassignment. In fact, when I asked to speak to a supervisor the representative said he would be glad to connect me as he would like to learn the reason as well for the reassignment as he was at a loss for an explanation.

I may be new to flyertalk but have traveled extensively with many ups and downs that were taken in stride. This bump in the road has me chapped as the airline cannot provide a reason for the change and have no intention of working with an unsatisfied customer.

Thanks again for the welcome!