FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - transfer miles to Air France FP
View Single Post
Old May 14, 2004, 2:53 pm
gleff
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AMC MovieWatcher, Giant BonusCard, Petco PALS Card, Silver Diner Blue Plate Club
Originally Posted by stimpy
I'd like to book a couple of free tickets on Air France CDG-DLA-CDG in biz or first. I have loads of United miles and Amex Rewards points, as well as a fair amount of Hilton, Hyatt and Starwood points. What are my options? Any advice from experts appreciated as I've only transferred points once in my life (Amex to Starwood).
Do you start with any Air France miles in your account?

Actually, it would help alot to know what actual balances are.

You can claim Air France awards with Delta or Aeromexico miles, and both are American Express transfer parters. So your Amex points alone, if you have enough, can be used for Air France awards.

Your United miles are not going to be helpful - United miles can't claim Air France tickets, and the only way to transfer United miles out is via Diners Club (generally losing half the points in the process).

You can transfer your Starwood points to Delta or Air France.

I don't believe your Hilton points can be transferred directly to an Air France partner.

Your Hyatt points should convert to Aeromexico or Delta.

And of course the new Air France - KLM tie-up, along with alliances with Northwest and Continental, will open up award redemption possibilities shortly.