FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Account weirdness today
View Single Post
Old May 9, 2017, 6:01 am
JCWCVG

Programs: DL DM, 2MM, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite
Keeping Choice Benefits

Originally Posted by Renes Points
FYI - my understanding is all who chose Choice Benefits during their "fake" status time gets to keep them!

Now don't think this is kindness from the mothership - my guess is Delta IT has no idea how to undo it or they would.

What will be really interesting is when these who got RU & GUs get them again when / if they make PM or DM later this year.
I can confirm that if a member chose Choice Benefits they get to keep them. I selected GUCs. I contacted the PM desk, once my 1 day DM expired and booked travel to Europe where I could use the GUCs. I had the agent confirm with the Skymiles desk that the benefits could be used and not revoked. PNR duly noted with comments in case Delta changes their decision.

However, the snafu may have a silver lining for Delta. I have been consistently PM for 18 years. After DM was introduced, there was 1 year that I could have achieved DM status, ending year with 124,538 MQMs in early December. I decided to stay PM, as a result of a job change where the following year, I would travel almost zero. AMEX Reserve plus rollover MQMs ensured PM for an entire year without stepping on a plane....

While I realize getting the DM Choice Benefits was a "mistake", it has inspired me to push for DM this year. Based on current levels and booked trips, I need an additional 18K miles before end of year. Definitely possible!

It is also important to note that I selected DM Choice Benefits for 2017. Assuming I qualify this year for 2018, I hope those Choice Benefits are still available. Time will tell.