FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - TK status match (2017 onwards)
View Single Post
Old May 9, 2017, 1:55 am
mrcurtis08

Programs: *A (SQ G, TK E)
Originally Posted by krakalao
Congratulations on this - couple of quick questions though:

1) You say you wrote to them and asked things multiple times - was this via Twitter or a specific e-mail address? I've found e-mails to be ineffective.

2) Just to be clear - in your first year of trial you achieved 19k Status Miles on *A, and they extended you until Jan 2019? Surely this is a typo? I thought they extended for one year only and not two...if so it truly sounds like you lucked out (and we can only hope there's some of that for the rest of us!)

Thanks.
1) I wrote via email initially, and then via Twitter. The Twitter team replied right away saying that they had passed it to something they referred to as "our unit" and that this group would get back to me soon - and they did.

2) I am editing my earlier post because I wasn't thinking clearly when I wrote the first edition!
Yes. The initial trial is for four months. The requirements stipulate that you must make an international flight on TK metal; that extends you to 12 months. Then, if you accumulate 15k status miles during that 12 months (whether on TK metal or not has been the question), they extend the status to 2 years. As the last part of the email I received notes, accumulating the balance of the 37500 during those 2 years will result in another extension (assuming another 2 years, though I won't know that for some time!)

Last edited by mrcurtis08; May 10, 2017 at 7:28 am Reason: clarity