FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Fit for the Runway - UA FA's to new uniforms & TUMI to be official luggage provider
Old May 8, 2017, 2:37 pm
Eadward

Programs: UA/CO GS, PP, MM
Originally Posted by bocastephen
The uniforms were just refreshed a few years ago - so no, it's not a worthwhile investment at this point, and IIRC, don't the employees need to buy their own uniforms?

Unless the uniforms are being brought up to specifications of global flag carrier standards, I would rather see investments made in product - from my experiences this year, they are so far behind Delta at this point, I can't tell if I am flying a global premium airline with high product standards, or a discount carrier.

A more important investment is technology and tools - another area where United falls dramatically behind Delta. Why not equip employees with more advanced and useful tools to help them do their jobs and deliver on these new service promises? Isn't that a more useful investment in "people"?
"global premium carrier with high product standards" - LOL... Nice strawman. Everyone knows that's not the case.

I'm all for giving the FA a classy outfit. Might make them happy and might help improve the service attitude, which continues to be a big part of the problem. Even if it does a little bit in that direction, its a worthwhile investment.