FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Pet in Cabin with Either Korean or Asiana
Old May 7, 2017, 4:52 pm
bhomburg

Programs: AA (EXP); among others :)
Originally Posted by CDTraveler
That is so very wrong.
It's contrary to airline rules.
I've see FA's inform passengers that they can not take the pet carrier out from under the seat and carry it around.

There's quite a few articles/posts (including here on FT) about how utterly disgusting it is for people to allow their pets to mess in the lavs on planes - clearly other pax and the crew have objected to people using the lavs as a place for their pets to urinate and defecate on the floor.

Line the carrier with absorbent pads, diaper the animal, but don't take to the lav meant for PEOPLE.
That is absolutely correct; and upon re-reading I think I misunderstood what OP wanted to do.

To clarify - if the dog needs to "go" during the flight, let it happen inside the (puppy-pad-lined) carrier. Then, and only then - especially with "#2" odors around - take the carrier to the lav to clean up/change out the pads. Place the soiled ones in trash bags (ziploc-type bags that are strong and seal well are best, bring some!) and give that to the crew for disposal in a discrete manner rather than try to squeeze the mess into the towel disposal opening in there. Always inform the crew about what happened, they'll gladly assist you (and clean/disinfect the lav right after you).