FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Airport Upgrade and Standby Priority List (“PALL”) Order (master thread)
Old May 7, 2017, 1:02 pm
beachfan

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat; Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime Elite;Hyatt Globalist; HHonors Diamond; United Silver
As I feared, I cleared the complimentary upgrade but they didn't open ANY C inventory so my wife (using my SWU) didn't get on (at least no EF notice of availability).

I heard folks had difficulty applying their status to their companion (on a separate PNR) at the airport once they had been upgraded. I'm wondering whether I can do it before the airport takes over.

Specifically, I would
a) Pull SWU
b) put in for a 500 mile upgrade request for her,
c) Link it to my PNR.

Will that give her my status (albeit a late request date), assuming I do it before it goes to the PALL list?

This way, she'd be at the bottom of the ExPlat list instead of at the bottom of the entire list.

Has anyone done this? How much earlier before flight time to be sure it goes to the PALL list with my status - is 5 hours before enough? (I think the PALL takes over 4 hours before but not sure that I don't need a margin).