FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - C inventory but AA claims no availability for upgrade
Old May 7, 2017, 9:12 am
wjj

Programs: Former long time AA EXP and CK - 4 MM; Now LTPL; Hilton Diamond; UA Platinum
Originally Posted by lostfly

Somebody knows the internals of the process? I thought that once inventory is released by RM, then the waiting list is processed automatically. I guess it isn't? Somebody manually processes the list for every single AA flight???
My experience is that it has been hit or miss. The last time I wait listed for C, it cleared automatically (but no email - I had to keep checking my reservation). Several times previous to that, my wait listed request for C did not clear automatically. As soon as I got the EF alert, I called AA and got the upgrade pushed through. Without the EF alert, who knows if I would have been upgraded. I have been on a few flights recently where F has gone out with several empty seats and there was no U or C availability ever. I assume all EP. PL, and Gold upgrades cleared, but who knows (I was on a purchased P fare before the prices sky rocketed and pushed me to UA and so was not looking at upgrade lists). I think AA still has not gotten the kinks out from the switch from F and A to J and C on domestic flights.