FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Buy on board: Experiences and reactions from BA's shorthaul economy service
Old May 6, 2017, 2:50 am
The _Banking_Scot
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Hi,

I travelled down to London yesterday for an interview;

EDI-LHR ( 0800 dep) I was in 24F on a A321 . Cabin maybe just over half full so had the E seat free. Not too many takers so I was served relatively quickly at cruising altitude. The person in 24D ordered a bacon roll ( a few others did too) and he got the roll just as we started our descent. I ordered a coffee and a packet of soft apricots but the cabin crew said they no longer sold those but the book had not been updated. About 8 rows of CE ( back to door 2)

LGW-EDI (1710 dep) 8A on a A320. This flight was very busy. There was another person in 8B but 8C was not occupied by the time the doors closed so 8B moved to 8C so we had a bit more room.
A lot of people were using bob and when I glanced back well into our descent the trolley was still several rows from the end. Shortly after that the 10min to landing call was announced so If you were in the last 2-3 rows you might not have been served.

Seat allocation courtesy of HBO.

Regards

TBS