FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - What's going on with JFK TSA tomorrow (4/29)
Old May 5, 2017, 6:45 pm
Cory6188

Programs: DL DM, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by beckster914
Hi, I just got this message from Delta today. My flight is DL 465 departing from JFK on Sunday May 6th at 9am from Terminal 4. I am checking bags. No TSA pre check. What time do I need to arrive at the airport? Was planning on 7:30am but maybe that will be too late? How is this construction affecting the security lines?
DL's bag check deadline at JFK is 60 minutes prior to your flight, regardless of destination (actually, JFK is only US airport for DL with that early of a domestic bag check deadline). Furthermore, if you're coming via car, traffic getting to JFK can be notoriously unpredictable with traffic, so I'd say only leaving yourself a planned 30 minute window to get to the counter and have the agent print your bag tag is cutting it fairly close.

On top of that, JFK T4 has the most consistently long security lines I've seen for non-elite pax of any US airport. I'd give yourself 2 hours, just to be safe (I'm DM and have TSA Precheck and I still try to get there at least 90 minutes before just in case).