View Single Post
Old May 14, 04, 7:06 am
mjcasta

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt Diamond
Policy Tweeking - Maybe

The reason that International Upgrades are difficult is that Northwest is making efforts to retain the "value" of the product. If anyone could upgrade i.e. Elite, Mileage or Paid Upgrade similiar to the domestic product, it would errode from the revenue base they expect to attain from P, C and Z from upgradeable fares. I agree 100% on this side of the policy. If International F/C is so important on a particular routing to myself, I either pay for WBC or an upradeable Y fare and troll the Coupon Connection for a WBC upgrade voucher.

Regarding employee travel. I believe this has been adequately addressed here. It is a benefit of employment and these individuals are the last to get seats on the aircraft. For each time one may seat in WBC, there are many more times where that seat was 36F (middle) or spending several days getting home as flights are full. We all enjoy benefits through our employers that are not available to all. Flight benefits are the perk of an airline employee. A well earned perk.

Regarding seating for passengers with a disability. There is designated seating in the forward cabin as well as he second bulkhead (a/c type permitting) which are restricted for assignment and designated for disabled passengers. I would suggested amending your Elite profile to reflect your desire for disability seating and these can be yours. They are excellent seats!

Last edited by mjcasta; May 14, 04 at 7:25 am