FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - When do Miles Boost MQM post?
View Single Post
Old May 4, 2017, 8:01 pm
Richie-Rich

Programs: DL platinum
Originally Posted by gregsfortytwo
I got a Delta Platinum last month and my sign-up bonus posted 2 days after I hit the threshold. I managed to hit $25k and Delta recognized the MQD waiver about two days later (and it looks to me like they update the totals spend counter every 7 days?) but I don't have the MQM yet. I couldn't find anything on either site about what schedule they'll arrive on.

Kind of hoping they show up soon as it will push me from Gold to Platinum on a trip where it looks like that will matter (not to mention the miles earning difference), but I also saw some post that implied they only show up after statements close. That would be unfortunate since that's probably too late for a second long-haul trip.
For me, the MQM miles boosts have always posted about 1-2 days after the statement close in the month you hit the threshold (i.e., not after you hit the dollar amount, which could be mid-month). For the Reserve (black) card, you have the option of either keeping or gifting the MQMs, so they won't post until you click the link in your AmEx statement and choose. For the platinum card, they automatically post to your account (i.e., you can't gift them.