FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AC: YYZ-NRT direct ~$2074USD; ~$2847CAD
View Single Post
Old May 4, 2017, 1:24 pm
24left
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Originally Posted by izzik
I do not understand the obsession on age of flight attendants. It smacks of objectification, which may be typical of last century social norms but it's absolutely dreadful to hear it nowadays. Do travelers judge other service-oriented employees in the same way? Does anyone criticize car rental agents, hotel front desk workers, housekeepers, waitstaff in the same manner? "Wow, that Sheraton has really old people at the front desk!" I hope that people speak up against such rude statements when heard. I am certain that flight attendants would thank you for doing so.
I was replying to DoctorORD who made the comment in the first place.

Thanks for your observation. Call it how you want but I don't live in a fantasy world where we all kumbaya and pretend only service matters.

You are blessed if you live in a different universe where things are very pc and cut and dried, where only quantitative matters. Otherwise, there are all kinds of things that are part of how we define good service when we fly, or when we are in a retail store or car dealership or whatever. And many on this forum are the same age as the cabin crew who seem to be angry and rude and tired of their jobs but keep showing up for work. I do not judge their decision to work, but I do not enjoy cranky crew who take their frustrations out on paying passengers, regardless of whether they are in J or Y.

Anyway, the topic is a great fare on AC or UA to NRT. The route is great, the flights have been good and I've really enjoyed the last few years flying Air Canada's 788s and 789s on this route. Also great that AC has been flying these aircraft on TPAC for longer than U.S. airlines. And AC has fantastic time-slots to both HND and NRT.