FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Mileage Running to New York via Delta First Class for Alaska Airlines MVP Status
Old May 3, 2017, 6:11 pm
worldtraveller73

Location: YVR - Vancouver, with most winter weekends in Whistler.
Programs: Aeroplan 35K, Alaska MVP, Marriott Titanium / Lifetime Platinum, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by SFO777
Great report and excellent pics. I'm getting the chills just looking at the winter pics.
But gosh, talk about taking one for the team. Transcon by regional jet. OMG, you must really want to re-up your MVP status.
Although the pork tenderloin looked very nice.
Thanks for your support SFO777.

It reminds me of the time that I flew Seattle to Toronto on an Air Canada Embrauer 190 jet; the longest flight of this aircraft type at the time. Thankfully I was in business on e-upgrades, but it was solely for the purpose of getting 100% EQM's which they offered on economy fares at the time (instead of the 50% they usually offer now). LOL.

Originally Posted by 757
Great report! Glad that you had a good connection through MSP which is my home airport. Delta, in my mind, is the best domestic airline today. In all my flights with them, I'm impressed by the great service. The food served looks good - and I'm impressed that you got pork tenderloin on your MSP-LGA flight. I didn't realize that the CRJ-900 had an oven in FC! When I flew on one from PSC-MSP last year, only cold meals were offered.

Looking forward to your return trip.

Best,

Matthew
Thanks 757. The Minneapolis airport itself is actually a pretty nice facility. It's nice and large with a lot of natural light. I'd easily connect through here if I was given a choice.

Originally Posted by krazykanuck
I generally agree with this. IMO Delta has the best domestic lounge and onboard F service of the majors. Delta edges out United, especially in the lounge department, and I feel like they are just a bit more polished. Though they both outpace AA by a mile. My domestic F flights with Delta are consistently pleasant, and until today, represented a cost effective way to credit a lot of BIS miles to AS.
Thank you krazykanuck. Delta is definitely setting themselves apart from the other carriers. Having experienced it first hand, it's a lot more pleasant than Domestic United, which tends to be a bit boring in my humble opinion.