FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Red Sox tickets
Thread: Red Sox tickets
View Single Post
Old May 3, 2017, 6:39 am
lo2e
Ambassador, New England

Programs: Amtrak, WN RR, Choice
Originally Posted by MIM
Going to be in Boston next weekend, and was hoping to take in a game at Fenway Park (Sox vs Tampa on Sunday 14th).

I’ve had no luck with the first couple of websites I tried. One needed me to set up an account, and couldn’t cope with a UK telephone number - the other declined two credit cards, so I’m guessing doesn’t like non-US cards.

Will it be easy enough to get tickets once we get to Boston?

To be honest, although I love my sport, I haven’t got a Scooby about baseball, so it’s very much the experience of a game (and Fenway as a venue) that we’re interested in, rather than particularly good seats – so the cheaper the better from my perspective.
Which websites did you try already? The most popular ticket resellers in the area seem to be stubhub.com and aceticket.com , but not sure if either one will take a UK credit card. I have had good luck with both of those sites in terms of the process of purchasing.

Did you try purchasing directly from bostonredsox.com? Again, not sure if it will be able to handle a transaction from the UK.

If you still don't have luck, my suggestion might be to get to the ticket office at Fenway as soon as it's open that morning - 10:00am. Tampa Bay is a division rival and lately division games have sold out or pretty close I believe. Or if you're in town on Saturday you could try to go then.

If you're staying at a hotel in Boston, there is also an Ace Ticket store near the TD Garden that you could try to get to at 10am if that is closer to where you'll be, and also open on Saturday if you're around.

I hope that helps!