FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 2017 Let's Eat - United First, United Business, & p.s. Premium Service
Old May 2, 2017, 4:34 pm
saltydog75

Programs: United MileagePlus Gold
No photos, but from my 5/1/2017 flights:

UA484 IAD -> IAH, Lunch service
Options were a roast beef sandwich or a chicken salad (sorry for the lack of detail). I took the roast beef option and I'm glad I did. It was very good. Hot pretzel roll served along with grapes and a small salad with an asian-style dressing. Highly recommend the roast beef sandwich.

UA1225 IAH -> LAS, Dinner service
This was odd. The flight crew offered some lentil thing (sorry, didn't get it, didn't want it) and what was described as "a new sausage dish". They seemed surprised, as it was some last-minute invention they'd never seen before. It was fairly good - basically sliced sausage in a red tomato-y sauce that had a Spanish sort of flavor. I wasn't a fan of the jalapeno ranch dressing. I normally like spicy, but this one just didn't work for me. A soft breadstick was served along with it which was good, not great.

Warm cookies served with both. Nice.

Service was very good on UA484. Got 2 PDBs (bloody marys) and prompt fill-up on wine. An odd note: the gentleman next to me mirrored my ordering. For dinner he said "sparkling water" and when I asked for red wine, he switched his order to red wine. We had the same dinner (the roast beef) and were watching the same movie (Arrival), which he started watching just after I started it. We got wine refills at almost exactly the same pace. When I switched to coffee, he did too. Once the movie was done I put the flight status info on screen. He did the same a few minutes later. No big deal, obviously - it just amused me in a "Single White Female" sort of way where I kept wondering whether he was intentionally copying me.