FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Int'l Upgrade Policy needs review!!
View Single Post
Old May 13, 2004, 4:33 pm
buck hunter

Question Int'l Upgrade Policy needs review!!

While enroute BKK -- departed SEA for NRT April 27th Flight#7...Of 67 BC seats only 36 filled --- Spoke with GA about possible upgrade (knew it was against policy of NWA) and she curtly stated, "for $2,000.00 you can upgrade"! It was obvious I am handicapped and an elite (gold) traveler --- I shrugged it off...thinking since NWA has had so many difficulties in their handling of handicapped..would be nice to have some testimony that they will, when possible, provide additional space for those in need - but no such luck. THEN after boarding I discovered many of the upgrades that WERE PROVIDED were given to Non-Revs (employees and Retirees etc.) - in fact the same GA came aboard and had a young couple moved up front..(she was an employee as she later displayed her ID)...Then during the flight a FA mistook me for an employee and asked if I was not seated in 11D!!!! The more I began checking around (former 30+ Yr. investigator) the more I discovered the front of the plane was obviously being controlled by employees or non-revs. As a frequent traveler AND a shareholder --- I think there is simply something wrong with this picture???? My co-workers and I have decided to look into flying another airline that may have some better control or policy regarding the Int'l upgrades... Am I out of line here???