FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - IDB / Involuntarily Denied Boarding on AA & Compensation (master thread)
Old May 1, 2017, 10:41 am
jordyn

Originally Posted by Rae Jay
Awhile back, my family and I flew American into DFW and were denied boarding on the last flight to LAX. (Arrived 25-30 minutes before flight departed. Had assigned seats; did not receive compensation.) I immediately contacted the airlines after my trip and received a form letter stating we arrived late. Not true! In actuality, the gate agent refused to talk to any passengers in line until minutes before the flight was to depart and only after she had made a flight full announcement. It should come as no surprise to many of you that my request for IDB compensation was flatly denied!

I sued the airlines in small claims court and won a modest judgment for out-of-pocket expenses.
Sorry, I'm not going to be helpful in answering your question, but have two of my own:

1) In your small claims suit, are you saying that you didn't win actual IDB compensation? What was the rationale for rejecting your claim?
2) In addition to the suit, you should probably complain to the DOT if you haven't already. It's good for them to know when American is not playing by the rules for IDB even if it won't necessarily get you any additional compensation at this point.