FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Yikes!! House hunting in Manhattan... via Virgin America and American First Class
Old May 1, 2017, 9:02 am
Fraser
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BAEC Gold, Delta Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, AMEX Platinum (US)
Great report as always! Welcome to my city! I don't have quite the same budget as you but real estate dealings in NYC are generally a PITA. I had only a few weeks to move once my then other half accepted her new job in NY. Moving at short notice is not the way to do NYC renting/purchasing!

Interestingly the food on your JFK-LAX was the same as my evening LAX-JFK in F (4.30pm departure) from a few months ago.
AA Flagship First: LAX-JFK (w/pics)

You can see mine is a completely different presentation! Although a statistical sample of one I found the food in J on JFK-LAX to be better than LAX-JFK in F!
AA Business Class: JFK-LAX (w/pics)

Originally Posted by Beltway2A
How was the service? Sounds like a win-win to me, although I hate having to calculate a "fair" tip after meals
Service is consistently superb there, I eat there every few months or so. All of Danny Meyer's restaurants have switched to no tipping policy last year.