FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Consolidate Marriott points into one account - use SPG as intermediary?
Old May 1, 2017, 8:59 am
hhoope01
Moderator, Marriott Bonvoy & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United Silver; AA Plat/2MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by SanDiego1K
None. Marriott has not tipped its hand. Its first action of the 3:1 ratio between Starwood and Marriott has been extremely positive but beyond that it's a pure guess.
And if you want to see what "pure guessing" looks like you can check out the http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/starw...an-linked.html. It is a very long thread with lots of guessing throughout it.

With that said, I'd say there are a few other "data points" that might also be "clues" to how Marriott might be looking at bringing the two programs together. They provided reciprocal elite status between the two programs. It seems most tend to think SPG Plat > Marriott Plat but Marriott Gold > SPG Gold. So Marriott's linking those elite levels to each other could show how Marriott thinks about the different levels in each program.

Also, soon after the merger was finalized, Marriott modified their elite check-out benefit to more closely align with the SPG benefit. Could be an indicator that the new combined program might not be as one-sided as many are lamenting.

There are probably a few other, but the above two are what I could think of off the top of my head.