FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Delta pilot hits passenger during fight
View Single Post
Old Apr 30, 2017, 4:50 pm
Ber2dca

Originally Posted by kmersh
The problem IMHO is not just airports, it is humanity (at least in the USA) in general, we tolerate more than we ever have before and we have let our standards down to a point where stuff like the fight is ok if it happens.

While working in the ER treating a stabbing victim involved in a gang fight, some of the gang members came in to be with the gang member I am guessing. In the waiting room they got into it with rival gang members waiting for their member who was being treated by a different MD.

Nobody seemed to understand that they were in a hospital and certain level of decorum is required. When a nurse asked then to be quiet, F this and F that and I had enough and asked the Police Officer to step in and only after cuffing two of them did they settle down.

The pilot did nothing wrong it seems, I myself might have simply called the Police and reported a fight to avoid and liability, but the Pilot felt differently and who am I to question his judgement.
I wouldn't tar all of humanity with that brush. Most people act better than gangbangers and their groupies. Most of the time.