FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Accor best rate guarantee problems
View Single Post
Old Apr 30, 2017, 3:13 pm
Armodeen

Accor best rate guarantee problems

Hello all. I am hoping your collective knowledge can help me with an issue I am having with the best rate guarantee (BRG).

I made a booking at the at the beginning of March at the newly acquired/ renovated Ibis Purpan (near TLS). The total asked by accorhotels.com was €268. I noted booking.com offered the same room under the same conditions for €133. I am not stupid, so I booked both (the rate is fully flex) and claimed BRG from Accor, as I would prefer to book direct if possible to get stay credit.

A month passed and I heard nothing, so I called the customer service centre to enquire. They said they would get right on it and I would hear by email. Weeks pass again and still nothing. The stay is next week now, so I called again. The agent said he would forward the request to the hotel for me to claim on arrival?! This is my first time attempting a BRG with Accor, but does that sound right to you guys? I can envisage arriving at the hotel having naively cancelled the booking.com booking, only to be told to go pound sand (in French), and be asked for €268.

So what to do about it? 🤔