FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Yikes!! House hunting in Manhattan... via Virgin America and American First Class
Old Apr 30, 2017, 11:18 am
SFO777
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by gaobest
Wow I definitely didn't think lax to jfk was under 5 hours!
Sudden thought - why didn't you use Mint? :-)
Anyway another thought as I read your check-in pictures... WE NEED MORE PICTURES OF SFO777. Sorry for shouting but...
Finally since you did fly AA on return, will you stop booking them for the rest of 2017? I can understand that you may already have them on upcoming itineraries.
My "bad" experiences on AA and UA are the main factors for avoidance when I book my 2-4 annual trips... but maybe it would differ if I flew more.
Good idea about Mint. In fact, we are going back to NY in a couple of weeks and I just booked Mint on our return flight.

I booked AA this time since the price was right. AA Business Class was only $900 per person vs. $1,239 for Mint. I used Amex Pay with Points which brought the cost down to $0 and 40,500 miles per person. Then I used AA Business Extra upgrade certs to bump us to First. The flight also earned me 9,100 AA miles so the net net cost was only 31,600 miles.

Originally Posted by worldtraveller73
MrsWT73 will be envious of your relocation.
There were more food photos than property photos (laughing).
Best of luck with the relocation and thanks for sharing. ^
Thank you worldtraveller73. Indeed, more food pics because I have my priorities.
We're not convinced we're moving yet so are going back in a couple of weeks to spend more time and decide. And yes, there will be lots more food pics.