FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Yikes!! House hunting in Manhattan... via Virgin America and American First Class
Old Apr 30, 2017, 8:28 am
SFO777
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
About 50 minutes after we left JFK, we arrived at Columbus Circle and the Trump International Hotel. We chose Trump because it is the home of two fabulous Jean-Georges restaurants and we got a good rate using Amex FHR which included daily breakfast for two, a $100 food and beverage credit, guaranteed 4pm checkout on Monday... and a upgrade at check-in to an executive city view suite. Very nice although a little dated. The staff was simply superb. The biggest complain was the lilipuchin sized bathroom.

Even a kitchenette. Perhaps this was once an apartment.

Yeah, the name is everywhere. LOL.

But jeez, even your basic Sheraton has a bigger bathroom.

We unpacked and then headed downstairs for our 9:30pm dinner rez at one of our favorite restaurants, Jean-Georges' Nougatine.

Mrs. SFO777 started with the lovely Arugula and Sucrene Lettuce Salad with Fines Herbs and Mustard Vinaigrette.

While I had my usual Jean-Georges starter, the Fried Calamari, with Aji-Amarillo Chili Emulsion and Cilantro. Outstanding.

Mrs. SFO777's Roasted Dover Sole was to die for. OMG. With Potatoes with Lemon, Herbs and Brown-Butter.

My Veal Milanese with Parmesan, Escarole and Lemon was amazing.

And a wonderful way to end the evening.

And some early morning pics.

With the sheers open, a beautiful morning in the city.

Still on Pacific time, Mrs. SFO777 was sound asleep. So I headed out across the street to Central Park. What a gorgeous morning.

Then back to the hotel to check on Mrs. SFO777 and get ready for the rest of the day.

Last edited by SFO777; Apr 30, 2017 at 10:15 pm