FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Omanair Sale 50% Travel Period until 20/06/2017
Old Apr 29, 2017, 1:09 pm
vincewy

Programs: TK E+, WY, Radisson R
Originally Posted by SwissBritMiss
I wonder what Omanair's strategy is. This is the 4th or 5th flash sale ex-EU to Asia this year alone. Have they announced intentions to compete with the Big 3 or join an alliance?

In any case, thanks for the heads up. I missed the last sale, knew it'd be wise to hold out, and being able to fly ex-MUC rather than MXP makes a change for me!
WY just lost over $300 millions USD last year, ouch! They are trying to minimize loss, WY is important to Omani economy, in spite of loss, it helped generating almost $2 billion of the country's GDP (think about what the airlines did to other parts of economy). You can put bonus/award miles onto EY.

http://atwonline.com/airline-financi...es-deepen-2016

Originally Posted by cheap1982
We flew CDG-KTM last Nov for 930EUR each, crazy. I think they're desperate to fill their front seats, lacking any alliance to boost themselves. When we full business was literally empty both ways, on all four segments.

Product was great, will do again as long as it's under 1200EUR. Why? Because that's the max you need to pay nowadays with all these Middle Eastern Airlines throwing deals at you every few weeks!
I just flew MCT-CAN, it's doing better than other new Asian routes. If they can get to JNB, PEK, NRT, ICN and HKG as announced earlier, yields will improve.

Last edited by vincewy; Apr 29, 2017 at 2:59 pm