FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Konnichiwa! LH F (via FRA FCT & a 911) to Japan for Sakura. Back home via Shanghai.
Old Apr 29, 2017, 11:57 am
JohnRain

Programs: Disillusioned Cent
Originally Posted by gaobest
Fabulous! Thank you so much - your TRs are always so fun.
Your 911 pictures look like the car isn't open - did you drive it open or closed? I drive an old Saab convertible and it's open as much as possible, especially on our California autobahn. I keep hoping to hire a Porsche but haven't yet reached that treat; I'm patient. Maybe it helps that I already drive a convertible.
Thank you very much for your kind words, gaobest...
I drove it closed on the Autobahn and open on slower roads. In California I would of course drive open whenever possible as well...

Originally Posted by Justin Case
Don't the have a " break-in the engine" procedure at Porsche? Or is this just a problem for the owner in 10 years time?
They certainly have break-in guidelines Justin Case, although I very much doubt that anyone renting a Porsche really cares about them..

Originally Posted by Jaenks
Pleasant reading as always. When I rented the Porsche, at first went straight to AVIS counter to make sure that they have availability, then to FCT for breakfast and lunch, returned to AVIS,had a two hours 140 km ride and gave the car back in front of FCT. Hopefully you turned S+ on . AVIS had a LH 2000 miles rental promotion,so got those too after claiming. Now they have another promotion.
https://www.avis.de/mietwagen-angebo...r-work-special
Thanks a lot Jaenks!
Is there another mode than S+?
I also claimed the 2000 miles, hopefully this promotion is still valid.
The afterwork promotion just goes to show how car-crazy the Germans are. 149 euros for a night out in a Porsche is really a good deal.