Old Apr 28, 17, 3:51 pm
stant

Programs: spg plat100 - lifetime gold / aa exec plat
Originally Posted by schley View Post
come on dude...... really? I do keep a healthy AA balance as they have some good partners to redeem on for me Qatar, Etihad, Gulf Air and have used them for very valuable trips.

I wouldn't give up 500k spg points at all right now..... unless you have some kick ... redemptions coming up....I value SPG points 2.5 cpp and AA miles like maybe 1.3-1.5.
I fly florida to london on a regular basis and even when all I can find is a BA flight with the extra 1000 or so copay that still gets me about 2 cpp BEFORE the 20% spg bonus and this current 25% aa bonus. If I keep it on american metal I'm more like 3 cpp before bonuses (ie 3cpp AA or 4.5cpp spg with these bonuses). assuming travel in business. I haven't had any problems finding availability a handful of months out.

Why wouldn't you give up the starpoints? I figure now would be a good time to get them out of the account with this 25% bonus and who knows what is happening with the merger next year. I have never been able to get anywhere near that sort of value on redemption either straight out or cash plus points.

again, TIA

Last edited by stant; Apr 28, 17 at 3:56 pm