Thread: Daily Getaways
View Single Post
Old Apr 28, 2017, 12:49 pm
GUWonder
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by miadukes
I snagged 2 of the 40k packages, 2 of the 32k packages and 1 20k package for my account and then 1 20k package for b/f account. All but on 20k were all on the first try after it went live.
The other 20k was after I got done purchasing the others and then I actually got and lost one 20k due to my credit card.

All in alll I got 184k points for $764 which the way we redeem will give us 23 nights at 8k each for about $33 a night. This is the best promo ever for our needs and I haven't paid for a room for the last year (although I now TECHNICALLY i paid for points but you guys know what I mean)
Even at $66/night, it's probably still not bad. For that, I would just do the cash+points& refund game since that nets 2000 points/$15. And I minimize the odds of having to lock up money with Choice and deal with devaluations or availability issues.

Compared to even this time last year, I'm finding a lot less availability at Nordic Choice properties using these Choice US points than I used to encounter. That's a warning sign, since a lot of that problem is rooted in a further crackdown on what kind of room types are available using points.