View Single Post
Old Apr 28, 17, 7:44 am
Tobias-UK
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club
2019 FlyerTalk Awards

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
For the first time since Club Europe was introduced on domestic flights, I found myself aboard a morning flight from MAN that fell within the the Breakfast catering band.

BA1387 08:35 Manchester to Heathrow (Breakfast)
This is an early morning flight that falls within the 'Breakfast' catering band. This was an A320 service with 16 CE passengers spread across 6 rows. There were 3 crew in CE and 2 crew looking after the ET cabin.

Service
LHR flights to and from MAN and LBA are in the express catering category (service times of less than 22 minutes). Hot towels were offered on the ground. As is typical on these flights, the crew were on their feet within 60 seconds of takeoff. Meals and drinks were served together seat-side from a single trolley. Two crew offered the tray and asked if we wanted 'tea, coffee or juices' as mentioned in another topic. There was no champagne on top of the trolley, which appears (IIRC) to be a change from the previous CE breakfast SOP.

A champagne was ordered as was a G&T and the crew member went back through the curtain to order the same from the CSM. Drinks appeared at the same time as the food.

Food
The tray offered to all passengers contained a fruit plate, yoghurt with fruit compote, a bacon roll was offered together with warm bread, croissants and preserves. Once the meal service had been completed more drinks were offered and the bread basket was passed through the cabin again. Over all an excellent, happy service from this mixed fleet crew.

I found this breakfast offereing perfect for the time of day and length of flight. The bacon roll was loaded with two rashers of very good quality back bacon and a delicious sun-dried tomato relish. I did think it was a tad small at first sight, but the reality was that it was just about right. The fruit was fresh and sweet and the yougurt compote pleasant.

For the MAN/LBA flights this is just right, another well done to BA on this domestic CE product.
Attached Images