FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Weekend repaving of SFO Rwy 28L causing UA delays?
Old Apr 27, 2017, 10:51 am
qukslvr619

Programs: UA Platinum, AA Platinum Pro, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by nomad420
Perhaps this is now UA really stepping up on customer service as Oscar says they now are. Seems like it may be too little too late though. You would think UA officials would have been well aware of the construction issues at SFO and adjusted schedules for that well in advance. It was locally on the news for several days leading up to the work.
One would "hope" they were aware. I get that there are going to be delays, cancellations, etc. What frustrates me about this though is that they make no mention about it impacting operations so that one can plan accordingly. I will just now have to consider alternative routings now knowing that SFO afternoon operations are messier than usual. Means leaving out of SAN at 12 in order to connect thru IAH or ORD for my usual STLSAN commute; the SFOSTL flts have been working out great for me being able to get in a full days worth of work both in SAN or STL so not having SFO as an option kind of sucks.