FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Weekend repaving of SFO Rwy 28L causing UA delays?
Old Apr 27, 2017, 10:16 am
nomad420

Programs: UA MM Plat, UA 1MM, Hilton Lifetime Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz Gold, CLEAR, AS MVP Gold
Originally Posted by qukslvr619
I would recommend doing it. I fired off an email this morning, and less than an hour later received a phone call, and then an email response with a E-cert. I am merely a Silver Elite, but even when I was 1K, it never was that fast.

Within my email I point blank asked UA why they "fully scheduled flights well knowing that their was scheduled construction on specific days" given that in the past, notably after the OZ accident, they preemptively xld flights in advance and included a link to the SFO construction schedule. This was the response I got:

"Also, thank you for the link regarding the SFO runway construction. I have forwarded the link to our lead customer care department for review."

I laughed thinking that somehow scheduling had no clue about this previously and merely my email with the link has them scrambling to change the schedule around.
Perhaps this is now UA really stepping up on customer service as Oscar says they now are. Seems like it may be too little too late though. You would think UA officials would have been well aware of the construction issues at SFO and adjusted schedules for that well in advance. It was locally on the news for several days leading up to the work.