FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Weekend repaving of SFO Rwy 28L causing UA delays?
Old Apr 27, 2017, 9:48 am
qukslvr619

Programs: UA Platinum, AA Platinum Pro, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by shawnjeck
Do you guys this United would provide a 1K any compensation for getting caught up in this.
I would recommend doing it. I fired off an email this morning, and less than an hour later received a phone call, and then an email response with a E-cert. I am merely a Silver Elite, but even when I was 1K, it never was that fast.

Within my email I point blank asked UA why they "fully scheduled flights well knowing that their was scheduled construction on specific days" given that in the past, notably after the OZ accident, they preemptively xld flights in advance and included a link to the SFO construction schedule. This was the response I got:

"Also, thank you for the link regarding the SFO runway construction. I have forwarded the link to our lead customer care department for review."

I laughed thinking that somehow scheduling had no clue about this previously and merely my email with the link has them scrambling to change the schedule around.