FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Konnichiwa! LH F (via FRA FCT & a 911) to Japan for Sakura. Back home via Shanghai.
Old Apr 26, 2017, 11:42 pm
JohnRain

Programs: Disillusioned Cent
Following last year's underwhelming Porsche booking experience with Avis, I tried exactly once to book online (it didn't work) and I called once (the agent had no clue what I was talking about), before outsourcing the whole thing to my Amex concierge. It worked in the end, but it's really hard to understand why this special offer is only bookable online on rare occasions and why most Avis agents don't even know it exists. Hello Avis, if the idea is to generate new business through this promotion, you might want to seriously rethink your booking process. As much as I enjoyed my ride, it only strengthened my loyalty towards Sixt who does a much better job.

Mrs JohnRain getting comfy.

On the positive side, the car was brand new (it had less than 300 km on the clock).

Fat tire.

After enjoying a few stretches without speed limit on the Autobahn, the traffic grew heavier and as the weather was lovely we drove to Wiesbaden, a city I've always wanted to visit.

There's always time for a silly pose.

Photo-op in front of a local governmet building.

Another enjoyable aspect of the Porsche Experience is that you get to arrive at the FCT like you're supposed to, ie by car on the first (main) floor rather than by foot on the ground floor.

I had planned on taking more photos from the FCT (especially with some new angles), but time was short and I was hungry. I knew I should have taken the earlier flight from CDG.

The only meat-based dish on the menu I hadn't eaten yet today: Leberkäse.

Cheers! Looking forward to embarking on a new adventure and sharing it with you.

Up Next: To Tokyo in the nose of the Queen of the Skies.